Monday, March 18, 2013

one week later

So I've been on lithium for a week now and I'm not dead...SCORE. Lol.  I just went this morning before work to get my bloodwork done.  For anyone not familiar with the process--the doctor sends you for bloodwork to ensure that your body can handle lithium being added to your system.  If everything is fine, the doctor will call and tell you to go ahead and start taking it.  Then, the day after your fifth dose, you go get blood drawn (9-10 hours after your evening dose) so the doctor can see what the lithium level is in your system and adjust the dose accordingly.

I'd have to say that I don't feel bad overall.  Yeah, I'm thirstier and my mouth always seems dry, but I haven't had any stomach discomfort or any weird eating habits.  I feel good for the most part.  The only drawback for now is that I'm not sleeping as well at night... but on a plus side I don't wake up groggy or foggy and I'm not struggling to stay awake once I do wake up... My head hurts off and on and I'm scared to take anything for a headache because I haven't found out what can interact with the lithium... the RX sheet from my pharmacy said to be careful with things like Naproxen and Ibuprophen... so I need to look into that... and my skin is dry as fuck... but hey it is what it is.

Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought...time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment