Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A scene from a movie...

You know in the movies when the main character is making a purchase that they don't want to be caught making (i.e. condoms, the stuff to get rid of crabs, kotex products even, whatever) they almost ALWAYS get caught. 

Sometimes its in the form of a person they know bumping into them in the aisle and dealing with the awkwardness... but the really good ones are the ones that have issues with price or items that can't ge found...the clerk shouts through the loud speaker, "Hey Merv, I need a price check on ______ for this gentleman/lady here" Merv then hollers back through the store with the location or even better comes running up to the counter to "save the day" extending the product to the customer--at this point everyone in town knows their dirty little secret... awkward right?

Well yesterday I got the call from my doctor that my blood work was all good so I could start taking the Lithium that she prescribed as the next step in my "treatment."  I go to Walgreen's and hand my RX to the girl and she with a puzzled look walks over to the girl at the pick up window and asks her a question.  She had already spent a few minutes on the computer trying to figure this whole thing out.  Well little miss helpful at the pick up window in her loudest voice imaginable (no really, on a scale of 1 to 10, 3 being normal indoor voice this chick was easily a 9.5) says, OH! THATS THE GENERIC FOR LITHIUM, GO OVER TO YOUR RIGHT DOWN THAT AISLE AND LOOK FOR LITHIUM CARBONATE!

That's about when I wanted to turn around climb up on a chair from the waiting area and proclaim "HI EVERYONE, MY NAME IS TOMMY AND I'M BIPOLAR!!!

Maybe that will be my next tattoo... bipolar in huge letters on my forehead....oh well it is what it is... I started it last night and I didn't die, so I guess we are off to a good start, lol.  But that folks is my awkward movie for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment